Monday 4 January 2010

Movie Review of Mother (Madeo)


Mother - 7/10
Directed by Joon Ho Bong
Cast - Bin Won,Ku Jin,Hye-Ja Kim

Plot Summary
A mother desperately searches for the killer that framed her mentally disabled son for their horrific murder.

Review
I first watched Joon Ho Bong's The Host,I was very impressed.To be honest I'm not a fan of Korean movies nor their dramas cause most of the time its always a love story.The storyline for The Host was fantastic and I just loved the flow of it.(Heard there is gonna be a Host 2).So when I found out that Mother(Madeo) was directed by the very same guy,I decided to watch it.And just as I was impressed with The Host...I am very impressed by Mother.
Mother has a fantastic cast(even though I do not know any of the actors).I have to say all the actors did a very good job.Hye-Ja Kim as the mother who will go through all kinds of shit for her mentally disabled son played by Bin Won is just fucking brilliant.Both of them play each other off very well.even the supporting cast did a pretty good job.
The only thing I didn't like about the movie was its length...128mins is a little too long for me.but then again almost all Korean movies are pretty draggy.The pacing for Mother is pretty slow but once midway onwards...is where the movie grips the viewers,leaving the viewers right at the edge of the seat.there are some scenes which are pretty edgy and some scenes were funny but once the twist comes in...I just went Woah!

Worth watching on a weekend and just because the title is Mother...it doesn't mean you should bring yr mom along for this one.

Recommended movies done by the director
The Host

No comments: