Tuesday 25 May 2010

Movie Review of Kick Ass


Kick Ass - 7.5/10
Directed by Mathew Vaughn
Cast - Nicholas Cage,Aaron Johnson,Christopher Mintz-Plasse,Chloe Moretz,

Plot Summary
Dave Lizewski is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan who one day decides to become a super-hero, even though he has no powers, training or meaningful reason to do so.

Review
I was pleasantly surprised about Kick Ass.I'm a big fan of Mark Millar's comics.When I first read Kick Ass,I thoroughly enjoyed myself and Though out loud that this would make a good movie.And when I found out that Mark Millar himself was one of the producers,I thought hey maybe this could be good afterall.And true enough,it was great.
The acting cast for this movie was pretty good.I enjoyed Nic Cage's acting as Big Daddy.He got the whole tribute to Adam West's Batman thing going and it really suited the character.Hit Girl was definitely the scene stealer.Chloe Moretz is cute and the best part is she can act.Looking forward to see what she does next.I was alittle disappointed with Christopher Mintz-Plasse aka "Mclovin"(Super bad).The dude cant act as a bad guy and that last scene was just terrible.Aaron Johnson is pretty ok as Kick Ass.But I would like to see what he would do next.
Direction was commendable.Script and story was fantastic.Pretty decent Special effects and all.I liked the editing as well.

Good movie to watch overall.But I suggest you should read the comic first before you watch this.

Quotes
Dave Lizewski: I realised I was going to die. I was never going to learn how to drive; or know what Katie and my kids would look like; or figure out how "Lost" ends.
Huge Goon: Fuck this shit, I'm getting the bazooka!
Dave Lizewski: How do I get a hold of you?
Hit Girl: [sarcastically] You just contact the mayor's office. He has a special signal he shines in the sky; it's in the shape of a giant cock.

Recommended movies done by the director
Stardust
Layer cake

1 comment:

hellboy said...

awesome movie - enough said.
but for some reason, some people don't get it. that still puzzles me. what's not to get?