Wednesday 12 December 2007

Movie review of Hitman

Hitman - 5/10
Directed by Xavier Gens

Plot Summary
A professional assassin or hit man known only as Agent 47 is ensnared in a political conspiracy, which finds him being pursued by both Interpol and the Russian military as he treks across Eastern Europe. Hired by a group known as "The Agency" to kill targets for cash. This movie is also adapted from the video game called hit man. It's a trilogy' but lets see if Hollywood will do the other 2.

Review
Good things 1st,even though I have never completed the game, I still like the whole idea of it. When I heard Hollywood is gonna do a movie version of it, I thought to myself..these idiots still can't seem to learn their lessons after making shitty movies from games time to time. But to my surprise this video game adaption is pretty good despite a few flaws. The hero here is agent 47 (botak with a bar code tattoo) acted by Tim Olyphant(die hard 4.0) is a pretty decent in this movie and I couldn't think of any other actors who could have done a better job. The fight and kill scenes are pretty decent as well.

Bad parts...apart from Tim Olyphant,the rest of the cast were pretty bad. From Dougray Scott to the French chick Olga Kurylenko. The script is pretty awful as well. The editing was shit! I'm not sure if its the censorship here or just the editing itself. It really fucks the flow of the movie. One thing I don't seem to fucking understand is this movie is rated nc16. You can see tits but you can't see someone's fucking head blown off. Anyway..its a pretty decent movie to watch on a weekday but I think only fans of the game would like the movie. Anyone who hasn't played or heard of the game shouldn't bother watching it.

Recommended movies
Director hasnt done anything interesting yet but you can watch this 2 movies Bourne identity(Matt Damon) and soldier(Kurt Russell), cause hitman is like these 2 movies together.

No comments: