Monday 30 September 2019

Movie review of Ad Astra

Ad Astra - 5/10.

Ad Astra which means "To the stars" in Latin, is a visually nice movie to watch. The production level is very high and there were some scenes that were nicely done. However I found the pace of the movie a little too long and draggy. Whatever emotions I felt from the characters were waned out by the pace and the length of the movie.
Casting was good for Ad Astra. Brad Pitt was pretty decent. Although I felt he was kinda bored and didn't really go all out. There were two scenes I felt he was solid was the one with his father and the tear scene. That was good. 
For a brief moment, I felt Ad Astra was a sequel for Space Cowboys cos there were 3 actors from it. Tommy lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and the captain of the space shuttle who couldn't land at Mars. I can't remember his name. There were very little scenes of veteran actors, Tommy Lee Jones and Donald Sutherland. Although Tommy Lee Jones looks damn old. he is so old,his eye bags looked deflated. Still he is a brilliant actor.

All in all, Ad Astra is a decent Science fiction movie but it is forgettable. I wasn't wowed nor was I bored after I left the cinema. It is a kind of movie which you will only watch once and never watch it again. 

If you wanna watch Ad Astra, watch it on a weekday if you have nothing else to watch. If not just wait for the cable release.

No comments: