Thursday 10 January 2019

Review of Apostle

Apostle - 6/10


Written and directed by Gareth Evans, the mastermind behind the Raid 1 and 2. Apostle is his venture to horror. I have to admit it was a welcoming surprise.
Quite a number of actors I have never seen before except for the unforgettable Michael Sheen. It is truly a delight watching Michael as always. The main guy was pretty decent. His acting was alright but I guess they chose him for his facial reactions which were really good.
Script was a little weird cos sometimes it varies from normal English to periodic English.
Cinematography was excellent. There are some really beautiful shots and I loved the camera works. I guess it's a norm for a Gareth Evans movie now. There was "the raid" feel to it especially all the violent parts. Editing was OK except for a bit which seems like a mistake and I loved the colour.
Apostle is a slow burner. Slow at the beginning then it fucking grips you all the way to the end.

I would highly recommend to watch Apostle for its cinematography and the fantastic kill scenes of course. Well done, Gareth Evans. I will continue to watch your movies.

No comments: