Saturday 18 December 2010

Movie review of Tron Legacy


Tron Legacy - 7.5/10
Directed by Joseph Kosinski
Cast - Jeff Bridges,Garett Hedlund,Olivia Wilde,Bruce Boxleitner,Micheal Sheen

Plot Summary
Sam Flynn, the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn, looks into his father's disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 20 years. Along with Kevin's loyal confidant, father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

Review
Wow! Definitely one of the best movies for the later part of 2010.What a ride...The effects for Tron Legacy is just brilliant and fantastic.Don't even bother watching it in 3D,normal version is just fine enough.The pacing for the movie is pretty good in fact its pacing is as close as the prequel Tron(1982).There were a few references to the first Tron which were damn cool.Like the "big door" scene,the Journey song and certain classic Tron lines.
When I first watched Tron,it was the effects and of course the lightcycles that fascinated me.I did watch the prequel just recently again so I can have a recap.The story in the prequel was shit.but this time round,the story is so much better.Director did a fine job despite this being his first major movie.I loved the coloring of the film,very outstanding and a good contrast.Costumes for this movie are spectacular,my favorite were Kevin Flynn's illuminated "jedi" robe and Tron's suit.
I have to say this,Tron Legacy would not have been good if not for the soundtrack.Daft Punk was the fucking bomb! I simply love what Daft Punk did.The music created the mood for alot of scenes.You can see a cameo of them(masked DJs) in a scene as well.Fucking brilliant.
Acting was pretty ok.Garett Hedlund as Sam Flynn did a good job and so did Olivia Wilde even though she does look alittle weird and all..but it suits the movie well.The veteran Jeff Bridges was as cool as ever.Sometime he even made me feel like The Dude(Big Lebowski) was in the grid.haha.
I just love anything Micheal Sheen does and even in a small yet pivotal role,he will just make you remember his character,Castor.
And the character,Tron was just too fucking cool.He only has 2 fucking cool lines and never shows his face.I do not know but I'm hoping the actor is the same guy who was the headless horseman and Darth Maul.

Totally recommend this movie to be watched on a weekend.Even better,watch the prequel first then watch Tron Legacy.

Quotes
Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they traveled through the computer. Ships, motorcycles. With the circuits like freeways. I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... i got in.

Castor
: Change the scheme! Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

Recommended movies done by the director
none

No comments: