Friday 27 March 2009

Movie Review of Gran Torino


Gran Torino - 3/10
Directed by Clint Eastwood
Cast - Clint Eastwood,Bee Vang,Ahney Her

Plot Summary
Disgruntled Korean War vet Walt Kowalski sets out to reform his neighbor, a young Hmong teenager, who tried to steal Kowalski's prized possession: his 1972 Gran Torino.

Review
When it comes to western movies,I have always been a Clint Eastwood fan more than a John Wayne fan.In fact I couldn't stand John Wayne.I guess it must be my age cause I pretty much grew up to Eastwood movies.And I still remember when I first watched Dirty Harry with his trusty fucking Magnum spewing out his evergreen classic scene," You feeling lucky punk?do ya?(etc,etc)".
I have also watched most of his directed movies as well.The ones I didn't like were Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima,which both i found too slow and draggy.I enjoyed Million dollar baby and Mystic Rivers(one of the few Sean Penn movies I like)and what I will always love about Clint Eastwood is his Dirty Harry series.And after watching Gran Torino,this movie could well be the final chapter,Dirty Harry on his retirement.because Walt Kowalski(Eastwood's character) is no different then Harry Callahan and no one can do these roles like it is than Clint Eastwood.
Now like all of his movies,The pace is slow with simple camera works and cinematography.Editing was pretty much standard as well.What I really hated about Gran Torino is the shitty script and the casting.This is definitely one of the worst castings I have seen.I do like the idea behind the plot but what I didn't like in fact what I fucking hate is,it's too politically correct.Gran Torino would have been a more convincing and believable movie if you had the bad guys as Black or Latino street gangsters,even if you had Chinese gangsters,I would be ok with it.But Hmong gangsters???WHO AND WHAT THE FUCK IS HMONG? IS THERE ANY PART OF THIS WORLD THAT HAS HMONG GANGSTERS???And to make it even more fucking ridiculous,you go get actual Hmong people acting in this movie.Bee Vang is the boy who acts like a pussified teenage gay boy who cant stand for himself and gets bullied(unconvincingly) all the time but Hmong gangsters who run the streets.This fucker cannot act to save his own life.every time I see the fucker on screen,i want to stab him.The worst scene is when he shouts angrily but to me it sounded like a cat in the middle of the nite moaning out a mating call.It's that fucking bad.This idiot should never act again.Fuck Bee Vang.Ahney Her(even her name sounds like what u call out to a prata seller) who acts as his sister is bad as well.Her worst scene is trying to convince the audience (which is me) that she was raped and beaten badly by Hmong gangsters.Not only should she(Ahney "2 prata,1 egg 1 kosong" Her),her cunt of a brother,Bee Vang and the entire Hmong cast of gangsters should be beaten to a pulp with a tire iron.Fuck Them All!!!
Like I mentioned earlier,Gran Torino would be way much better without the politically correct bullshit.Don't pussify the fucking plot.It should have an Asian family(Chinese preferable) as the victims.Black street gangsters as the bad guys and Clint Eastwood as Dirty Kwoalski cleaning shit up.

Don't bother watching this movie at all cost.Definitely Eastwood's worst directorial movie!

Best Quote
Thug: What you lookin' at old man?

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Walt Kowalski: Oh, I've got one. A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of here."

Recommended movies by the director
Pale Rider
Mystic River
Million Dollar Baby
Space Cowboys

A Perfect World

No comments: