Wednesday 11 June 2008

Movie review of Sex and the City

Sex and the City - 5/10
Directed by Micheal Patrick King
Cast - Sarah Jessica Parker,Kim Cattrall,Kristen Davis,Cynthia Nixon.

Plot Summary
After moving in together in an impossibly beautiful New York apartment, Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big make a rather arbitrary decision to get married.

Review
I have only watched a few episodes of Sex and the City and I was never a big fan of it.

I was "dragged" to watch this movie cause of my girlfriend happens to like the series alot.
To be honest I did enjoy the movie and my favourite character is Samantha Jones played by the wonderful Kim Cattrall. My girlfriend also mentioned to me that most men like her the most.(I think it's cos of her sexual appetite)the cast is pretty much exact from the series but I don't know why they had to add the fat cow Jennifer Hudson who cant act for shit. Her inclusion in this movie was a total waste of time. Every time the cow comes in a scene, she overacts just like that fuck ugly Louis Vutton bag she so desperately wants. It's unnecessary scenes like these which made this movie too long, it got a bit boring and tiring around the end. If they had gotten rid of that cow, I would have given this movie a much higher rating.

If you are a Sex and the City fan,you would probably be more pissed than I ,so I recommend you watch this on a weekday or just wait for the uncut dvd to be out.


Best Quote
Miranda Hobbes: Is it just me or is Valentine's Day on steroids this year?
Carrie Bradshaw: No it's the same, we just played for the other team.

Carrie Bradshaw: Well hunny, what have you been eating?
Samantha Jones: Everything except Dante's dick.

Samantha Jones: The good ones screw you, the bad ones screw you, and the rest don't know how to screw you.

Recommended movies by the director
none


Sidenote RANT
Another thing I wanna bitch about is the editing or more like censoring scenes cause SOME STUPID MOTHERFUCKER HAD TO PUT THIS MOVIE RATED M18.WHAT I FAILED TO UNDERSTAND FROM THESE LOWLIFE, SCUM OF THE EARTH,PIECES OF COCKROACH SHIT IS...ALL THESE FUCKING WHILE SEX AND THE CITY WAS NEVER SHOWN IN TV CAUSE OF IT'S ADULT THEMES SO WHY THE FUCK DOES THE FUCKING CENSORSHIT BOARD HAVE TO GIVE IT A M18 RATING WHEN IT'S SO FUCKING OBVIOUS THAT ONLY ADULTS (21 AND ABOVE) WILL BE WATCHING THIS?????IT'S EITHER THEM OR THE FUCKING DISTRIBUTORS WHO THINK SEX WILL SELL TO TEENAGERS.WHY CAN'T THEY DO 2 FUCKING RATINGS INSTEAD? ONE M18 FOR THE TEENAGE IDIOTS WHO PROBABLY WILL HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT THE MOVIE IS ABOUT AND ONE R21 FOR THOSE OF US WHO PAY 10 FUCKING DOLLARS TO WATCH A DECENT MOVIE WITHOUT BEING SO AMATEURISHLY CUT UP BY SOME FUCKHEAD WHO CUTS SCENES LIKE HE IS CUTTING OFF HIS MOM'S PUBES.

No comments: