Thursday 17 January 2008

Movie review of Gone Baby Gone

Gone Baby Gone - 8/10
Directed by Ben Affleck
Cast - Casey Affleck,Morgan Freeman,Ed harris,Amy Ryan

Plot Summary
A small girl goes missing in Boston. Everyone starts looking for her. The child's white thrash no good mom (who is also a slut), a junkie's brother and wife employs a couple who work as private detectives to help find the missing girl. The whole ordeal fucks the couple up personally and professionally as well. Based on the Dennis Lehane novel.

Review
Ben Assfleck is a fuckall actor. The good thing about this movie is, he is not acting in it. He did direct this movie pretty well though. I would rather see Ben Assfleck direct than act now because that's how good this movie is. The acting in this movie is fucking fantastic. Cinematography, direction and editing were pretty good. I liked the plot and the script as well. The twist towards the end is somewhat predictable but what I really liked is the non Hollywood type of ending. (It will definitely make you go "wah lan eh!!!").
What made me gave 8 points for this movie is the acting. Especially Casey Affleck and Amy Ryan. They were fucking brilliant.
Casey Affleck, if u do not know who is he...is the better acting half of the Affleck brothers. He appears in supporting roles mostly (ocean's 11,12,13). This is his shining role and perhaps the upcoming movie with Brad Pitt called "The Assassination of Jesse James" by the Coward Robert Ford. Somehow he reminds me of deadpan comedic actor Bill Murray (Lost in translation which is a fucked up movie imo) but only younger and a little more serious. His acting in this movie is funny and sad as well. I would definitely check Casey Affleck out in future movies provided he doesn't do a BEN ASSFLECK like Paycheck, Dare Devil, Pearl Harbour and other horse shit movies he has done.
Amy Ryan."FOO!!!!...". Its been awhile since I hated a movie character and the way Amy Ryan acted, she was so fucking good even you would fucking hope she fucking die a very horrible death. There were only 2 characters which I loved hating so much and In 1st place, Patrick Mcgoohan as King Edward Longshanks in "Braveheart" and in 2nd, Louise Fletcher as Nurse Mildred Ratched in "One flew over the cuckoo's nest".
and to my latest addition is Amy Ryan as Helen McCready in "Gone Baby Gone" in 3rd
Worth watching in the cinemas during the weekend and worth buying the Dvd as well. Check it out when it comes out.
Movies recommended by the director


I Killed My Lesbian Wife,
Hung Her on a Meat Hook,
Now I Have a Three-Picture Deal at Disney (I haven't watch it yet and yes its for real.)
I would only recommend one movie Ben Assfleck has acted and that is "Good Will Hunting" .

No comments: