Wednesday 23 January 2008

Movie review of The Bucket List

The Bucket List - 5.5/10
Directed by Rob ReinerCast - Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman

Plot Summary
2 old men who are terminally ill become close friends and decide to do a things to do before I dielist as they have only a few months to live,they decide to do the list.

Review
Rob Reiner has always done pretty decent feel good movies. His good movies I have listed below. Bucket List is a movie with 2 superb actors and a good story with a director who has had a good track record but somehow it is just disappointing. The script was horrible and there were just too many cliched lines. Somehow I found the visual in this movie so fake, it was just obvious they didn't even bother. Sadly even the direction was bad and felt like it was done in a way just for the fuck of it. No passion! Tthe cinematography was bad as well. Even though you have two awesome actors here, it just wasn't enough to save this movie. I actually found Jack Nicholson of all people to be annoying and Morgan Freeman's narration, bad. Not worth watching in the cinema on a weekend. Watch it on a weekday only if you have nothing else to do. If I were you, I would just wait for it to be on cable.

Best Quote
Edward Cole: The sequel was like that. She never backed me up on anything.

Carter Chambers: The sequel?
Edward Cole: The second Mrs Edward Cole. [Carter rolls his eyes ]
Edward Cole: Hell, that woman hated me.
Kyle the parachutist: Maybe because you called her the sequel.
Movies recommended from the director
A few good men
When harry met sally
Stand by me
This is spinal tap

No comments: