Tuesday 14 March 2017

Movie review of Logan

Logan - 7/10


James Mangold who directed this did a pretty good job. He made a gritty, more realistic super hero movie with not much CGI. To me, of all the X men movies, this is definitely one of the best. Because it's violent and rated R and we got to see a proper wolverine and proper wolverine kill scenes. Not that pussy ass shit we had in the early X men movies. His stand alone movies were all shit and the worst one was the X men movie directed by Brett Ratner.

I really liked the make up done for Logan. That battered up look, wolverine had and it kept getting worse through the course of the movie. Caliban's make up and costume was cool as well and I could barely recognize Stephen Merchant.

Acting was pretty decent especially Patrick Stewart who lost quite abit of weight for this and Dafne Keen. I'm not a big fan of Hugh Jackman but he did good for this. I may not have totally felt the final scene as much as everyone else. That scene to me could have done abit more with better acting, script and emotion. Still, Jackman did good for it, he's not a fantastic actor but I will give it for this.
That scene where she turns a cross to an X. That was a nice touch.

Worth watching on a weekend. Logan is a fitting end of an era for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

PS - There is no end credit scene, so you dont have to wait.

No comments: