Tuesday 9 June 2009

Movie Review of Star Trek


Star Trek - 7.5/10
Directed by J.J Abrams
Cast - Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto,Leonard Nimoy,Eric Bana

Plot Summary
A chronicle of the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow USS Enterprise crew members.

Review
What a fun ride...I have never been a fan of Star Trek and I hate Trekkies.But I did watch this movie with an open mind and of course,my appreciation for J.J Abrams.Abrams has once again proven that he can make a really good action packed movie for everyone to enjoy.He did fantastic with Mission Impossible 3(to which I think is the best among the trilogy) and I was simply awed by Cloverfield.Kudos to J.J Abrams..I will continue to watch your movies.

Now back to Star Trek,I'm pretty sure alot of die hard Trekkie fans will hate this movie.There are quite a few loopholes and certain elements of the movie might just irritate the shit out of a Trekkie.Even the director said it himself.That's why its more like a reboot.Back to basics kind of shit.I'm pretty sure there will definitely be more fans of Star Trek now than ever.

The casting I have to say is pretty good.Thank god,William Shatner doesn't appear in this movie cause he is an idiot.The whole word by word pause really bugs me.Chris Pine does a good job as James Kirk.Zach Quinto(Sylar of Hero) does a fantastic job as Spock.I could barely recognize Eric Bana as Nero(Romulus Bad Boy).Zoe Saldana as Uhura was hot,though her acting was much to be desired but then again its an sci fi action movie,I don't need to see Oscar winning acting here.And of course everyone's favourite scene which would have definitely brought back memories and a smile on their face was Leonard Nimoy as Spock Prime.

The CGI for this movie isn't really outstanding but it does enough for the battle scenes. The one thing which I really liked was the Sound effects.Simply mind blowing...My favourite sound was when the enterprise blasts off to light speed.

All in all,Star Trek is really a enjoyable ride.Worth the watch and buying the DVD as well.

Best Quotes
Spock: Live long, and Prosper.

Spock: [closing monologue] Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before.


Recommended movies done by the director
Mission Impossible 3
Cloverfield

No comments: