Wednesday 21 January 2009

Movie Review of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 7/10
Directed by David Fincher
Cast - Brad Pitt,Cate Blanchett,Julia Ormond

Plot Summary
Tells the story of Benjamin Button, a man who starts aging backwards with bizarre consequences.

Review
There were numerous directors and actors attached to this movie since 1994 till it was finally decided that David Fincher and Brad Pitt did this movie.David Fincher has always been one of my favourite directors,I will watch no matter who is acting in or what is the story about.As you can see there is a long list of recommended movies from him.
Now after reading the synopsis of this movie,I found the story rather strange and unusual and immediately thought that Tim Burton will be directing this movie.So when I found out that it was David Fincher who is directing this,I was sketical.Because for strange,quirky stories like Benjamin Button,you definitely need a strange,quirky director like Tim Burton.Now don't get me wrong,Fincher did a good job on Benjamin Button but he doesn't have the touch for movies like this unlike Tim Burton.
Fincher's direction as usual was top notch.The editing too was good.Cinematography was decent as well.Camera works were normal.Make up on the other hand wasn't consistent.Sometimes the make up would looks great on the actors and sometimes just plain and fake also.Apparently there was some CGI done also.
Acting was pretty good especially the supporting cast.I have always enjoyed watching Brad Pitt's movies and I will continue to do so.Cate Blanchett are one of those actresses who just reminds me of Meryl Streep.Strong willed and can really act according to character.Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett have very good chemistry together.They were fantastic in Babel but unfortunately for this movie,there were few scenes,they appeared rather distant.
But overall,it is a good movie to watch..heartwarming and touching.There are a few Forest Gump like moments as well.

A feel good movie to watch.Worth watching on a weekend.


Best Quote
Benjamin Button: My name is Benjamin Button, and I was born under unusual circumstances. While everyone else was agin', I was gettin' younger... all alone.

Daisy: Would you still love me if I were old and saggy? Benjamin Button: Would you still love ME if I were young and had acne? Or if I end up wetting the bed?

Recommended movies by the director
Aliens3
Fight Club
Se7en
Zodiac
Panic Room

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOOOO de Lay HEEEE WHOOOOOOOOO



mountain climbers special, this flick is a must see.



*******************
*******************
FREE INTERNET SPEED TEST

Fast, Free, Secure
*******************
*******************