Friday 30 June 2023

Movie review of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - 4/10


Directed by James Mangold

I really did not expect a fifth Indiana Jones movie after Crystal Skull. Cos Crytsal Skull is still the worst Indiana Jones movie. I thought it sucked ass so bad, they will not do another again. As much as I love Indiana Jones, Dial of Destiny was not that great. It was very long and boring. And it is kinda sad to see Indiana Jones, an iconic movie character have such a lacklustre end.

At 2 hours and 34mins, this is the longest Indy film. I kinda enjoyed the start of the movie when they de aged Harrison Ford, he looked like the Indy I knew from Lost Ark. That was nice and then it went on for quite a bit. Phobe Waller Bridge aka Fleabag creator was alright. She wasn't as annoying as Shia Lebouf in the Crystal Skull. Quite a few cameos here and there. Nice to see Sallah(John Rhys Davies). I wished we could have gotten a Short Round appearance but sadly there wasn't.

Soundtrack was a little too repetitive. Like every moment there is the classic Indiana Jones music. It started to sound like a jingle. The script was terribly boring as well.

There were moments in the movie where it was so draggy, I was struggling to stay awake. Only 2 scenes in Dial of Destiny, that was good, emotional and nostalgic. The scene where Indy was asked what would he do if he could go back in time and the last scene with Marion which was a nice nod to the first film. 

Like I mentioned earlier, I was quite sad to see Indiana Jones have such a lacklustre ending. Go out with a bang or ride into the sunset or something would have been great. I'm just glad that this is the last time Harrison Ford will take up the Indiana Jones role. He's already 81 years old. I really hope there isn;t anymore Indiana Jones movies as well cos without Ford, it will suck ass. I will always cherish the first 3 movies and consider the Indiana Jones franchise as a trilogy, solely because I dont consider the last 2 part of the franchise.

All in all, if you really wanna watch Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, watch it on a weekday or wait for it to be released through streaming sites. You are really not missing much.

No comments: