Wednesday 14 June 2023

Movie review of The Flash

 The Flash - 7/10

Directed by Andy Muschietti

There have been mixed reviews for this movie. For me, I enjoyed The Flash. It was fun. It was nostalgic. And there were many easter eggs. One of my fav is the Raquel Welch poster which is a clear nod to one of my fav movies of all time, The Shawshank Redemption. The other easter eggs did make me smile as well.

How the multiverse was explained in the Flash was easier to understand than Dr Strange's multiverse. Over spaghetti and I pretty much got it. Storyline was not too complicated although there are some loopholes. The CGI is not great and some scenes, it was terrible. The outdated CGI reminded me of Beowulf. But despite the bad CGI, it's still watchable.

The casting for this has been controversial. Ezra Miller doing a Charles Manson-esque thing after filming of The Flash was wrapped. Despite the bad publicity, he's still a better Flash than the TV series one. Ezra's portrayal of  Barry Allen and Flash was really good. Although, there might be a high chance they will replace Ezra Miller so who knows. Michael Keaton returns as Batman is definitely the highlight of this movie. Keaton will always be my fav Batman and it was really nice seeing him don the batsuit and yes my fav batmobile is also there! I do hope Ben Affleck has a stand alone Batman movie one day. This is his fourth appearance as Batman even though it was rather short. I've never been a fan of Supergirl but I have to say the casting of  Sasha Calle as Supergirl is not bad. She is rather cute. It was very obvious Michael Shannon was bored cos his return as General Zod was probably because of a contract. Even in his interviews, he mentioned he didnt want to return. It was also nice to see one of the cast of Derry Girls but sadly she had very little screen time.

Towards the end of the movie, there will be quite a number of cameos which will hit the nostalgia factor. I'm not gonna reveal them but if you have been watching comic book movies all this while, you're gonna love it.

All in all, The Flash is a fun movie to watch. Worth watching it in the cinema especially if you love DC movies.


No comments: