Friday 27 May 2022

Movie review of Fantastic Beasts: The secrets of Dumbledore

 Fantastic Beasts: The secrets of Dumbledore - 4.5/10

I'm a big fan of the Harry Potter series. Read all the books and watched all the movies. When the first Fantastic Beasts came out, I enjoyed it as well. The second one was a tad confusing cos of who's siding who and all. in anticipation of the third one, I rewatched the first two just to recap.

The secrets of Dumbledore is third movie out of a five part series of Fantastic Beasts. Sadly, we do not have Johnny Depp of Grindelwald cos of that fucking lying, violent, shitting bitch, Amber Turd. Depp got replaced by Mads Mikkelsen who is cool but not ice cool as the Deppster.

I loved the first Fantastic beasts. It was fun and I enjoyed it. To be honest, the second one was a bit of a drag and quite confusing. It was kind of stupid how some chose to side with Grindelwald like Queenie. What the fuck was that about?

Mads taking over as Grindelwald was a little bland. No doubt, Mads is a good actor but his stoic look just doesn't seem right for me. Depp was perfect and could have been a memorable villain as Fiennes as Voldemort. But alas, shit happened. Quite literally on Depp's bed. 

Secrets of Dumbledore isn't as confusing as the second one but it is rather dull. Somehow it feels like the story is just dragging just to make it five movies so they can milk the audience. I always found Dan Fogler's character funny but this time round he wasn't as funny as before. I could barely recognize the cock who joined Grindelwald as well. Fucking Queenie Goldstein. Ezra Miller as Creedence has barely any scenes or lines and looks bored as fuck. Worst was Katherine Waterston as Tina. She was prominent in the first and only appears towards the end for the third movie.

All in all, I love the Harry Potter series but Fantastic Beasts not as much and I probably would wait to watch it on streaming platforms rather than watching it in the cinema cause it is really starting to bore me.

 


 

No comments: