Wednesday 23 January 2008

Movie review of Heartbreak kid

Heartbreak kid - 3/10
Directed by the Farelly Brothers
Cast - Ben Stiller,Carlos Mencia,Jerry Stiller,Michelle Monaghan

Plot Summary
Eddie(Stiller) who has been a bachelor for a long time finally decides to get married on an impulse with this blonde girl, Lila(Akerman). He doesn't know her well
enough and as they go for their honeymoon in mexico,he slowly discovers her true self and realize that the marriage is not gonna work out and to make matters worse,he believes he found his true love with another girl who is in Mexico as well.

Review
The farelly brothers are known for their crude jokes in their movies. Their best work I feel is "Something about Mary". Their other works have been quite boring actuallyand sadly, heartbreak kid is not one of their best work. It is unusually rather long and their jokes are like the typical naked gun jokes which I find are abit too slapstick. Ben stiller is at his usual comedic best. He always have that 'I wish I could kill you' look which most of the time is pretty amusing but not for this movie. Michelle Monaghan is pretty but I find her too boring and unfunny in this movie, she was like a fill up space. Malin Akerman on the other hand is like a cheaper version of Cameron Diaz which I find sad (even though Diaz is a fuckall actress). There are only a few jokes in this movie which you can actually laugh but other than that, I would definitely give this movie a miss if I were you. Not really worth watching in the cinema. Just download or borrow the dvd from a friend who stupidly bought it.

Best quote:
Lila:Cock me!
Eddie:I think i am cocking you.
Movies recommended by the director
Something about mary
Shallow Hal

No comments: